Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My eyeballs hurt.

My latest addiction is www.babysteals.com. No, I'm not pregnant, but since we started on Dave Ramsey's plan, I'm always looking for good deal. Technically, we shouldn't be buying anything until our credit cards are paid off, but I feel deserving to treat myself now and again. And I'm a sucker for baby shoes (always have been).

I've been reading about Obama's stimulus plan, and say what you want about what it's going to do to the economy (good or bad), I'm really excited about it. Simply put, I'm going to feel a lot better about life when my credit card debt is gone. We'll still have student loans to pay off, but those are legitimate-- the church is actually okay with education debt. The credit card debt was just us being stupid. Some of it is medical bills, but I don't even consider that legitimate (darn my lack of grace).

Beautiful.

Yes, we're spending more money that we don't have. Yes, it could kill the economy even more. How? I don't know. I spent most of economics class knitting or sleeping. As a social worker, I have a lot of job security, so I'm not exactly concerned about it personally. It's very unfortunate for other people, but they should have had the foresight to go into the best field ever! Kidding. Kind of.

So last week, I got off of work early on Friday for my massive hours I put in on the previous Saturday for a grant that we thought was due, but wasn't (but three cheers for having all the data for it for when it is due!). We went to Dragon Dreams Boutique simply because it reminded me of a store I'd see on Mass Street in Lawrence. I'm not really into dragons, but I do like wind chimes and zen gardens and incense and soothing music. They had pretty fountains and jewelry made by a lady from South Africa, and I loved every bit of it (except for maybe the dragons). They even had a DOG in the store. I could have taken a nap there. Anyway, Bobby bought some nag champa and I got a goddess charm that I'm currently wearing around my neck. For everyone who buys something, you enter a drawing. Bobby started filling it out, but I snatched it from him because a)His handwriting is like a boy's and b)He never wins anything. Before we got married, I won pretty much any drawing I entered. So I filled out my information, and yesterday, I got a call telling me I'm a rockstar and I won a big basket full of organic soaps and stuff.

In other words, it's been a good week.

If you haven't already, look at my previous post and tell me about your Blackberry. I'm not kidding, folks! I need your input. I have no expertise on the matter with my flip phone with no features. Someday I'll catch up, but only out of necessity-- not by choice.

No comments: