Saturday, April 18, 2009

Garage sales are your friend.

We had a garage sale today with the intent of having another on the 2nd, but this one was so successful that we don't have to have another. Rock! Of course, our landlords ended up buying most of our stuff to put back into our apartment for the next tenants, but that's certainly okay by me.

Peli has a weird growth on her foot that she didn't seem to notice until we took her to the vet. Because her doctor had to poke and prod to try to figure out what it was, she also figured out it was there, and has since taken to trying to chew it off. She's part pit bull, and thus has a very high pain tolerance (one of the reasons they are the preferred breed for fighting), so it's okay by her that she chews it right off and has a gaping wound in her foot. We've wrapped it in gauze and prewrap and tape, but she just chews that off as well. Sadly for her, we had to get a cone to make her leave it alone, and when it's on, she refuses to move. It'd be comical if I didn't love her so much and I hate to see her uncomfortable.

Work yesterday was an absolute nightmare. I woke up Friday morning thinking, "Man, I only have two weeks left. That's so sad!" and before the morning was over, as I cried in my office, I thought, "I still have two weeks left of this?!?" It was the craptastic day from Hades, and while the events would make a very excellent blog entry, I've fulfilled my need for processing (thanks to amazing coworkers, froyo, and a dance party in Kim's office) and confidentiality means I share nothing. I can say yesterday showed me why many social workers opt to get their concealed carry permit. It wasn't actually that bad, it just felt that bad for a little while yesterday, and I almost had Bobby come sit in my office with me just to feel safe. Here's to the next two weeks going more smoothly.

My application for a research position was sent in a few days ago for a social work professor at KU, and I received an email today to schedule an interview. As wonderful as it would be to have a few days off between the move and school starting, I'd feel kind of lame not working. It's nice having a purpose and doing something with my time, and it will certainly help out with the old debt problem. Dave Ramsey would not be pleased with our recent bike purchases, but it isn't certain that Bobby will be working at a bike shop in Lawrence (we're hoping!), so we have to stock up on a few things. Some people have food storage-- we have bike storage. That's almost as important, right?

I mentioned before that Chuck was being extra affectionate. Whatever the reason was, somehow its magnified itself, and Chuck cannot get enough attention. No complaints or anything-- I am loving it! I just hope it lasts after he's in a car for a couple days, which is pretty much his worst nightmare. Ah, well. I'll savor the next two weeks (TWO WEEKS!) just in case.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

AHHH YAY!!! Two weeks!!!! I'm very happy for you! And I miss you...and you complete me. the end.

TPlayer said...

Hey when you guys get to Lawrence...our neighbors were huge into cycling. THey always traveled around for races and stuff. Ask Kevin to introduce you to them. They probably could have some connections for Bobby as well

Kim said...

You are so cute. You crack me up! I will miss you!!!