Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I spoil my children.

Yesterday, I rode 62 miles. I'm awesome.

Saturday, I purchased some food for Peli at the pet store (after being stalked and pestered by a guy who wanted me to buy his company's dog food, claiming it was more organic and much healthier for my dog. I was almost sold on it when I realized he lied to me. I asked in the conversation how much it cost, and he said it was as much as the brand I normally buy. What I get is $43 for 40 lbs, and his brand had the same price tag... and when I discovered that the bag of his brand that was $43 was 10 lbs less, I gave him the proverbial "Suck it!" by grabbing my Science Diet while he peered at me with his beady little eyes) and realized that Peli gets a lot of treats and toys and stuff, and we haven't done anything to really spoil Chuck. I contemplated getting him a couple cans of Fancy Feast, but feared he would have the same issues he had before (apparently it makes his poop smell like Fancy Feast, which is an odor he can't resist), so looked at my other options. I found something called Vita Gravy, which is a gravy textured substance that you put in with their dry food that tastes good and has a lot of vitamins in it. He's had a tablespoon of this stuff in his breakfast and dinner since Saturday, so only a few days. Yesterday, Bobby gave him his breakfast, and Chuck usually wakes us up for breakfast because he's so excited to eat. We barely get it into the bowl before he's got a mouthful. This time, though, he just sat there, looking at Bobby. Bobby couldn't figure out what was going on, and I asked if he'd added the gravy. As soon as Bobby put it in, Chuck started chowing down. He spoils so easily.

And now, studying for my licensure exam. Wish me luck.

No comments: