Friday, April 25, 2008

Boycotting Mother Nature

It snowed yesterday. One week until May, and it snowed. Of course, two seconds after it had stopped, all the snow was evaporating off the hot asphalt and had a rolling mist appearance that the kids loved. Yup, the kids. I started yesterday at the Boys and Girls club, and I can already tell that this is going to be the most fun I've ever had with a job. The kids are absolutely adorable. They're teaching me spanish, and one of them came up to me and said, "You're pretty." It may be some ploy to become my favorite kid, but I'm a sucker for all things adorable.

In spite of Mother Nature's bipolar diagnosis, Bobby and I are looking at taking our first camping trip this weekend. We got a tent that has a pet compartment, so Peli will get her own section all to herself. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense, because she insists on being with us all the time, but the fact that the manufacturers were thoughtful enough to consider the needs of an animal sold me on the tent. I'm usually the tight wad in the relationship, but again, I'm a sucker for all things adorable.

Now, off to getting bug repellent for Peli and a doggy first aid kit. I was reading up on dogs and camping, and I don't know what I'm going to do when I have kids, because reviewing all of the dangers Peli could get into about gave me a panic attack.

2 comments:

Me said...

Hey--

The year I graduated from High School I had taught preschool all year. Well, we had a field trip to Hogle Zoo (way up there on the east Wasatch in SLC). It SNOWED!!! Yup--snowed--end of May. And, my last year of girl's camp (4th year hike), it SNOWED! Yup--snowed. The only month it hasn't snowed in Utah--especially in the mountains--but in the valley as well has been July (my birth month--gotta love that)! So--if it's one of those snowy years--watch out! But hey--the skiiers love that--skiing in June! What's better than that? (I don't know--I'm not a skiier!)

Beth said...

You watch out for the smooth-talkin' Hispanic kids. They are known, even in high school, to say things like, "Oh, I love you, Miss!" in their Spanish accents and then try and get answers from us.

They might try to start kissing you on the cheek next. (I haven't had that problem, but they are always kissing each other, seeing as it's a part of their culture.)

Have fun!