Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hey, Sleepy Eyes.

Our anniversary was this past Monday, and it was the most wonderful anniversary you can have when you're a couple of poor college students trying to get by. I have to laugh when I say that, because we really are poor, so what are we doing with such nice road bikes?

After I was done with my classes and internship, we took a ride on said road bikes to a crazy old lady's house who insisted that someone from the bikeshop come take her bike off a trainer she purchased years ago. Bobby's kind of a pushover when it comes to old ladies (silly Eagle scout in him), so that was our destination. We rode to Orem, and then did some climbing to get to a street next to a bunch of sheep, and then headed home. We cooked some dinner, and then saw that "Baby Mama" is in the dollar theatre (which is now really the dollar-fifty theatre) and jumped on that good-times-train. I was worried about it being sold out for the time we were going, but fortunately for us, the Emma Smith movie was in the theatre and everyone and their dog was going to that. Not us heathens!

If you were wondering, "Baby Mama" is a pretty long movie (two hours) given its content (comedies tend to run shorter), so when the closing credits were running through, I was ready to hit the sack (the combination of marriage and my 7 a.m. class means I'm old like that). I was dozing in my seat as we were driving home (Bobby was driving, for those of you who were alarmed) when I noticed we weren't driving to our house. Instead, Bobby was hunting around the streets that go into the mountains and pretending like he wasn't getting lost. Eventually, he parked, and being the romantic I am, I asked, "Are you going to kill me?"

Instead, we walked a little to a cliff overlooking Provo, all lit up like a Christmas tree, and he set up his fancy new phone to play Anberlin's "Inevitable." It's pretty much the sweetest song I've ever heard, so if you're unfamiliar, it's a good way to win points with your spouse/significant other. Bobby took me in his arms and we slow danced, all alone in our own little world. He won a lot of cute points with that.

It's hard to think we've been married for a year already. Time's flying, though I still feel like graduation is eons away (five more weeks, five more weeks, five more weeks...). I'm very fortunate in the sense that I have a loving, fun husband, with an adorable cat who snorgles me at night, and a little dog who looks at me with the most loving eyes whenever I get home. The combination of the three makes dealing with depression a piece of cake. Now, if I could only stop playing with them long enough to do my homework. It's hard to pretend I'm motivated this close to the end.

3 comments:

Me said...

The Emma Smith movie is actually really good. I blogged about it--it was that good :) Happy Anniversary.

Mary P.

Beth said...

I probably would've gone to Baby Mama with you, even though I thought both movies looked...dumb. One year down, infinity to go!

Kate said...

congratulations, Brigmans, on one year of marriage!!!!!!!! Here's to many many many many more!!!!!

and thanks to katie for the words of encouragement. They were truly and deeply appreciated. And in my book, a dog and a cat do count...