Friday, July 25, 2008

Why I'm Pretty Awesome.

Yesterday, I completed a fifty mile ride. For those of you who prefer to see the actual number, that's 50. 50 long miles, and the last twenty of them were excruciating. It seems that the cleat on my shoes was a little to far up my foot, and too much pressure was put on my toes. Unbelievable pain. But hot freaking dang, I finished the fifty miles. I may have cried a little bit (see: a lot bit) for the last two miles, but I freaking did it.

My portfolio was turned in last Tuesday, which means that my last undergraduate social work assignment is complete. All I have left is one paper and a test in Book of Mormon, and I'm done. Done done done done. I'm starting my application for graduate school already, though it doesn't have to be in until December. I'm not completely sure what I want to study, though, hence the poll. Initially I went into social work thinking I wanted to do therapy with girls with eating disorders, but most of the facilities that offer treatment are not non-profit, and that's where my heart is. The nonprofit organizations seem to have a better employment atmosphere, and it's hard for my brain to adjust to the idea of greed and power within the field of social work (altruism, what's that?). I think there needs to be more therapeutic interventions for gifted children in the public schooling system, so I was contemplating doing something along those lines, but I really cannot stand small children (well, the obnoxious ones, anyway).

Job hunting has never been a favorite activity of mine. In a few weeks, I'll be a college graduate, and I had put off the whole hunt because we might be out of town until September. Our plans are up in the air again, though, so the pressure's on to find a source of income. It looks like I might be working at a less than ideal situation, though, because I'll be leaving in May, which means I need a job that has high enough turnover that they won't mind.

Peli had her second click-a-trick class on Wednesday, and she has learned how to spin, rewind (a spin in the other direction), and how to die on command. She's pretty brilliant. However, she's driving me a little nuts with the chewing today (what is her fascination with my bras?!?).

Yee haw. Back to cleaning.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

50 miles wow! Anyway I understand that you are having a hard time with discernment (me too), but God will lead you in the right direction. I will keep you in my prayers. You are absolutely wonderful Mrs. Bridgmen!