Friday, June 5, 2009

Iceburg Lettuce and Sia

Today has been one of those fabulously productive days that make me really proud of myself, and the day isn't anywhere close to being over. So while my curry cooks, I'll blog my happiness for my digital posterity.

I woke this morning shocked to see how lit our apartment was. My alarm was set for 5:45, and it's never that light out. Of course, it wasn't 5:45... it was 7:13. See, I've been trying to get Garmin on a potty schedule to deter accidents, so I've been setting my alarm for every 2 hours during the day to make sure to take him out. Well, my last potty alarm was set for just after 10 p.m., so when I went to set my alarm to wake up, I forgot to change the PM to AM, and missed running group. I was devastated! I felt like I let everyone down-- until I found out after a couple phone calls that they went running anyway. How awesome is that? I'm quite excited for my little running group.

Well, having missed the opportunity to do the interval training, I decided to just run a 5k and see how quickly I could do it. I've been holding a steady 25 minutes, and wanted to see how much I could cut off that. I wasn't hoping for much, because I haven't been training hard this week, so I was extremely pleased when I clocked in at 24:32. Not a huge chunk off, but not bad for being as lazy as I've been this week.

Yesterday I got on my bike for the first time in a long time. I'd forgotten how nice it is to be on the bike! It's not so hot in the busier parts of town (downtown, Iowa, 6th) but back into neighborhoods and such, it was so nice. I'm definitely going to have to incorporate some cross training in so I don't get burned out. Which is why, after I ran and got ready for the day, I decided to ride my bike to campus instead of drive. I'm out of gas, and I HATE getting gas, so it seemed like an excellent alternative to me. While on campus, I got a ton of work done for my boss, and got a bunch of paperwork turned in to get my loan taken care of and get my paycheck (always a good thing).

And that brings me to now. Written down, it doesn't seem like much, but I feel really great right now. Maybe it's the endorphin high from the exercise I did today. Either way, I'll keep it.

No comments: