Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Slimey vegan balogna

If birthdays are indicative of how the year to come will be, 23 is going to be a fantastic age.

Yesterday started with a fabulous run with my new Garmin Forerunner 305. How I love this little contraption! After having it for a few days, I've learned so much about where I stand as a runner. It's great because it pushes me to go faster because I'm accountable when we pull up the data from the run.

Bobby was dying of some disease, but he still managed to pull it together to take me to Deanna Rose Farmstead. For you Lawrencians who have not experienced Deanna Rose, it's a fantastic date place! It's in Overland Park, it's free admission, and for just a few dollars, you can feed ducks, goats, horses, and -- the best part of all-- bottle feed baby goats! Bobby made fun of me because it's technically "Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead" but it's one of my favorite places on Earth. Sad? Maybe. Or maybe I just take pleasure in the adorable.

We went to the bike shop from there so Bobby could get something for the triathlon this weekend, and it was lovely. I'm a little sad there isn't a Scott dealer around, but the bikes they did have are beautiful. Cervelo and Orbea make some good looking frames.

Then Plato's Closet. Plato's is one of those stores that is really hit or miss, and I thought being in Utah would provide me some advantage in finding some good stuff. Everyone there (for the most part) wears modest clothing, so finding something for me should be easy. Wrong. However, at the Plato's in Overland Park, I was able to find THE most adorable dress (which just so happens to look fabulous on me), and it was brand new! Not that I'm anti previously worn clothing (I actually prefer it), but it was just such a find.

Have I ever mentioned how fantastic my family is? We went to Bobby's mom's, and Bobby immediately went to take a nap (his disease was winning), and Bobby's mom and I just talked for a while. It's nice having someone to do that with. She made me a cake and put it on a green cutting board (!) that was part of my present. It was delightful.

And to end a wonderful day, we had some rockin friends over who gave me the best card ever (it's definitely fridge worthy), and concluded the night with some pineapple and good conversation.

Twas a good day.

23 is going to be a good year.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Happy belated birthday! You seem wiser for only being 23. :)

ATnell said...

That card better be fridge worthy... just kidding! I think 23 is the best year. It has been for me anyway.